Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to McKenna....

Happy Birthday McKenna #11



Yes it's true....she's already 11. I can't believe how fast time flies by. These pictures are of the surprise birthday party her friends from school did for her. Keeping a secret from McKenna is next to impossible because she can never sit still and is always asking "questions". This birthday party was no exception but we pulled it off. Her friends came to me the first of March and asked if they could do a surprise party for her. The problem was how in the world was I going to convince her not to plan a party on her own. So her friend Aubrey asked if she could play the Saturday before her birthday. Well that weekend we had a luau where McKenna saw her cousins from Syracuse and wanted to go home with them---we had to say no----then Brett went to Provo to help move his brother, she wanted to go----we had to say no---so we were the meanest parents on the planet because we NEVER let her do ANYTHING!!! Then she wanted to call Aubrey and ask her to come here to play instead of going to Aubrey's house. UGH! Finally the time came to take her out to the "party". I decided to walk her to the door so I could see everyone jump out and she was wondering why I was treating her like a baby and walking her inside, but I was glad I did! They opened the door and all the girls in her class jumped out (minus 2) and sprayed her with Silly Spray stuff. What a mess! I thought it was so nice of her friends to plan that for her....not to mention that I didn't have to do a friend party for her ;)



1 comment:

Kelly said...

You are the best blogger! I have read all your posts, they are cute!
That is so awesome that McKenna has such good friends that love her so much that they want to throw a party for her. I bet she is just lovable like you!