I really want to be here!!! Look at the sand all over Maec
Okay today I am really irritated!!!! I think there are several reasons----I woke up in some pretty serious pain (i don't like to complain, but OWIE! Will this ever end?). Then when I went out to get some quiet reading time before anyone else woke up, I glanced outside to see SNOW! DARN SNOW! I got a few minutes reading done and Maecee was awake which of course woke up Ethan. Aren't you supposed to sleep in on Saturday? Ok plans changed. Then Brett left me to go play basketball with his buddies (that'd be nice to be able to leave w/o any planning). Okay, you get the picture.......Poor Heather!!!!!
When I get angry, onery, irritated I clean. It helps to vent my frustrations I guess (obviously if you've been to my house much, I guess you would assume I don't get irritated enough, because it's NEVER clean!) I had shared this quirk with my sis in law Tiff once and she came over and my house was actually clean. She said "Heather have you been mad about something? No, why? Because your house is REALLY CLEAN!" Yea that happened once that someone actually came over when it was clean :) It was pretty funny that she remembered that!
The fuel kept being added to the fire when I would get a room partially clean and my little mess monster was right behind me, destroying all in sight! Actually their was some sun shining through my dark self imposed clouds. McKenna cleaned her room, Ethan and Maecee helped me sweep and clean up the kitchen, and I heard Eth say the funniest frieking thing I've heard in a long time. He was trying to entertain Maec while I did something and I think she threw something into the sink (i'm actually not sure what prompted the comment), but he said "HOLY FRIEKIN' MOLY". I laughed so hard! I cant begin to guess where he's heard that before? :)
So my question to throw out there into cyberspace is WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU GET IRRITATED? I'm sure Christina (and Becky) will say she exercises (that would cause me to get even more onery I think :)), do you go shopping, take a bath, yell profanities? No in all seriousness what do you do?
8 comments:
Love, love, love reading your blog! You are lucky that you clean, I go in my room and watch shows on TIVO, but then again, I do that all the time, so I really don't know what I do, maybe I should try cleaning?
You are too funny Heath! I love that you clean when you're irritated, you guessed me right on! I definitley exercise or just outside to vent. Fresh air always does the trick for me!
On a side note, you are TAGGED!!! Well, your kids are, you're supposed to write 8 things about each kid that people might not know (well in your case, you could shorten that since you have 3 kids!) Go to my blog to read Austin's...
Hi Heather! I am so glad to hear that you get irritated with Brett going out to play basketball all the time. I don't mind if Bryan goes every once in awhile but sometimes it's like 3 times a week! I wish I could just up and leave and do something fun! I always get told he is just going for the exercise. Yeah right! I love reading your blog!
I did not think that irritation was characteristic of men.
Irritation with kids -- very hard to control, as they don't understand everything like we do.
Irritation with life -- very hard to control, as we do NOT control every element of it.
Irritation with spouse -- very hard to control, because as a man, we do very little the correct way.
The best way to handle irritation is to put it into it's proper perspective. Heavenly Father wants us to learn and to grow. Negative experiences are a great part of that learning and growth. What irritates us now will, in time, pass. Learn and grow with it, but more importantly, focus on the good things of our lives. We are MIGHTILY blessed and we have the most of any upon this earth. We have been given much, and now much is expected.
Now for a discussion of the necessity of basketball for men...
Heather I would love to do something sometime! Just let me know!
Okay Heather, you make me laugh! When I get really irritated I clean as well! Matt knows that if I am super quiet and cleaning the house top to bottom that something is making me mad. I too have little evidence of such hard work...I have 4 mess monsters...ugh!!!!! I love your blog. It often brings a smile to my face. Especially the part about Brett up and leaving without worrying too much about anything. I can't tell you how many times I have said to Matt, "How nice just to up and leave...I have to make several phone calls and work out every detail to get 5 minutes to myself!!!
Maybe it's in my genes.....my sister Heidi-----(DAH she's my only sister, also cleans). Her hubby has learned that as a sign she is mad also. There could be worse things I guess!!!!
Post a Comment