Saturday, March 8, 2008

DOGS?

WE GOT TWO DOGS!! MUD BUD AND BROWNIE


DID YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT? IF YOU DID YOU DON'T KNOW ME VERY WELL! :)


The real story is that Brett came home from work last week carrying two dogs. I was speechless!!! (I know that's hard to imagine!) Maecee on the other hand, could not have been happier. So I asked him what was going on and he said that Nick (one of his employees) handed him two puppies and said---take them home and ask Heather which one she wants. Nick is spanish and I had already told him in my broken---ok pathetic----spanish that I wanted NADA??? He laughed and thought that was pretty funny, but obviously the language barrier did not emphasize the word NONE enough!!!!

I played along with it and had fun watching Maecee get attacked by the dogs and then waited with anticipation when McKenna and Ethan got home from school. We tried to trick them and tell them they were our dogs, but they know better! Ethan was in absolute HEAVEN!!!! As you can tell by the pictures he is totally at ease with them and had the best time playing with them! The kids decided to name them (because they had some spanish names that they couldn't pronounce). McKenna got tired of "brownie" after a while but Eth was all over it! He took them outside to use the bathroom, threw snowballs at them, made them a bed to sleep in, layed on the floor so they could tackle and lick him, helped "Mud Bud" get the advantage when the two brothers were wrestling, etc. Watching him made me think that I'm going to have to eat my words SOMEDAY and get him a dog. I can't give him a brother, so maybe SOMEDAY I can get him a dog!!!! I can't believe I just said that, but if you could have seen him~~~~~it was adorable. Then it was time for them to go to bed (the kids). I told Brett that since this was his brilliant idea, he could find a place for them to sleep where they wouldn't wake us (well me up----because Brett never would have heard them). So he was trying all these inventions and "brownie" kept crying and carrying on. I was not impressed, but Eth was sooo upset! He kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry but it's time to go to sleep. You have to go to bed, I'm soo sorry". He was very worried about them. I took him to bed and told them it would be ok. Then I heard Nick come over to get them----phew! My sleep wasn't ruined after all! Sadly enough Eth woke up first thing and ran to find the dogs and they were gone! He was heartbroken but said "well, maybe we can be their babysitter". I love that boy! He is soooo tenderhearted!

So you may ask were this weirdness I have for dogs comes from. I really think it originated from sleeping over at a friends house where there was lots of inside dogs and cats. In the morning while we ate breakfast there was ALWAYS dog/cat hair in my food. It really grossed me out. It also could have stemmed from the fact that I feel like I need to wash my hands everytime I touch an animal (that would be alot if they were constantly in your house!). It also could stem from our family dog Sparky aka the town tramp. That dog had more puppies than we could count. We also had a terrible dog named Duke that knocked me over when I was really little (i think i had to get stitches???). We never had an inside dog so that idea is pretty foreign to me.

Needless to say, I may change my mind SOMEDAY, but may not! But I will never forget the happiness Ethan had for half a day!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Please tell me how you collage pics like that on your blog, I love it and must start doing it! Email me!

Christina said...

I ditto Kelly's comment, let me know how you collage pictures too!

I love that Ethan loves dogs so much, just like Austin. We were actually at Walmart today and across the street were two trucks trying to sell 4 puppies-yellow labs and golden retrievers. If I wasn't having a baby in 2 weeks, I would've for sure brought one home! You must have some will-power (of course, I love dogs though). It's the cutest thing to see our kids with puppies, isn't it? It just melts your heart!

heather and fam said...

For Collaging pictures---
I use the program Picasa2 to load all my pictures into. On the bottom of that screen is an option to Collage them. Really easy, but I haven't ever used another program to try it on? Sorry, hopefully you have Picasa and can use that! It sure is easier and faster to load them.

Unknown said...

Ethan needs a puppy!!!