Friday, March 7, 2008

Boredom Busters and stuff

WILL WINTER EVER END????

A small break from the Disneyland pictures.... Here are some pictures of us trying to get creative during the winter, blah time!!!! The top two are of Ethan and Maecee braving the play dough. We got really creative and made jewelry (earrings,bracelets), butterflies, balls, and some cool drum sticks. Eth also mixed a bunch of colors and got some cool swirly rainbow jewelry. I made Maecee sit in her high chair because she is so stinking messy, heaven knows where that stuff would have ended up. This is an activity that dad definately DOES NOT approve of!!! So I tried to keep it clean :)

The next pic is of Eth GQ ing it by his masking tape road that we made. This is the second time we have done this and it's always a big hit---by the way----don't use duct tape-----way to sticky and your carpet tries to come with it when you rip it up. We make pit stops and car washs, it's pretty fun. Also note-----little sisters LOVE to tease little brothers by pulling up masking tape and ruining the perfect track.....word to the wise!

The last pic is of my funny little Maecee. She has such a personality! I was trying to watch a movie that I had rented and was obviously not giving her the proper attention, so she went and hid! I could hear her but couldn't see her. I thought she was in her room, but didn't spot her at first glance. Then I saw these tiny feet sticking out from under her crib!!! I ran to grab my camera before I "found" her because I knew she would be all giggles. I kept saying "WHERE IS MAECEE??? Mae, Mae where are you?" Her cute little feet would just start kicking! I crawled on the ground and peeked my face under the crib. She thought it was soooo funny. I ended up just sticking my camera under there too and snapping a quick shot. So this is her under her crib....you can see the mattress springs above her. She can also get under there really fast! So now I have a new spot to look for her! She keeps me on my toes, but I love it!

McKenna striking a pose. She is little miss school girl. She's been getting straight A's. That is quite the feat at her school. Their work is really hard and a lot is expected of them. She is sooo responsible and so SMART~! Any 9 year old that can get fit in 4 days of gym and get straight A's amazes me! She is growing up so fast! She'll be 10 the end of the month~~~~now that is crazy! She has had a rough month or so because she got sick before we left on vacation. She had an ear infection and her ear drum actually burst! She missed 5 days of school, which was absolute torture for her. Then she missed another 6 days when we went on our trip, now she has a DEEP cough, cold and went to school today, (because she wanted to go to gym---a rule we have). Well she made is a half an hour at gym then called to come home. Her coach told her she wasn't herself and to go home and rest. Dedicated little thing doesn't want to miss a beat!

The two shots of Eth are in his room. We finally got his "baby wallpaper border" down---him and I with water and a credit card to scrap it off. We've been telling him we need to get it off so we can paint the walls, then he can get a bunk bed. He's laying on his bed holding one of his stuffed animals, while laying on his fav CARS blanket. It replaced his "BLUE BABY". Oh he's also in his snow clothes after a day snowmobiling at Grandpa Horseys house. The last one is older. It's when we went bowling with Christina and Austin over Christmas. But it does document another "thing" we did to keep busy.

Well I am hoping like crazy that the snow will keep melting!!! If it doesn't how are we going to have our annual neighborhood Easter egg hunt??? MELT BABY MELT!!!!

1 comment:

Grandpa Mac said...

Heather!!

You are amazing!

As I read your blog, I wish that you were my Mom. You definitely work hard to be a good Mom and a great Wife.

I said it before and I will say it again, "Brett is LUCKY!"