When we were down at the breakfast Sunday morning Ethan said "mom, why are we the only ones in church clothes?" I thought it was funny that he noticed, but I explained to him why.
Didn't catch a thing this time
Sunning and snacking
Going potty for the 100th time Ü
Another WOW!
And another..Don't these pictures make you want to head to Lake Powell right now? It does that to me!
Kenna became a real pro this year.
Going for a swim to cool off. Me and my girlies! Maecee had a serious death grip on me. She was really scared at first but then by the end I would just hold her hand and swim with her. We were swimming to this rock below
.....to join up with these crazies! It was sooo fun! We all went exploring while Brett and the others fished. There were little rocks that were perfectly round (shaped like Cocoa Puffs). The kids would all pick up handfuls of them and then throw them at the same time. It looked and sounded so cool. It sounded like rain. We did that for quite awhile and then they found a small pond and went to step in it and it was like quicksand. It was pretty funny to watch their faces! We also found this weird substance that looked like Moon Sand. When you would get it wet, it would turn into spongy clay. It was weird. McKenna kept saying, this is going to be my favorite memory.
Maecee in front of Rainbow Bridge. I didn't know that this is one of the Seven Wonders of the World (in the non-man made category). The Indians there think it is sacred and bad luck or something if you walk under it or even by it. So they had a tour guide standing there so you couldn't get too close to it. It is HUGE though. Angie (our friend we went with) said when the water was higher they actually could swim right up to it and under it. It's even rumored that someone in her family climbed to the top of it. Now, I cannot either confirm or deny that, since I wasn't there! Ü
Yea, I was trying to do one of those pictures where it looks like she is holding the arch up. I'm not very talented or very good at giving instructions and the subject isn't very good at taking direction (at least from her mom). Plus there was a crowd of people coming up behind us so I gave up. Brett was just shaking his head at me. In fact he did that alot this trip? Or is that everyday?? Hum?
W
!
Is this not one of the coolest pictures you've ever seen? I was driving up Antelope Canyon and it was pure glass! Absolutely breathtaking! I'm pretty sure we all had the biggest perma grins. I kept screaming with excitement...I know that sounds weird but it was unbelievable! OH and I HAVE to tell you that BRETT TOOK THESE PICTURES!!


2 comments:
Alan always shakes his head at me... man maybe we are a bunch of weirdos??
Anna...I think we are a little crazy at times! I guess we keep it interesting.
p.s. Thanks for commenting, I love comments!
Post a Comment