Monday, October 25, 2010

Fight For Fina Benefit Run

The support staff
Fight for Fina Benefit Run (in case you didn't know, Eric's wife Christina has Stage IV Melanoma)
Eric and his high school buddies


Eric and I. He is one of my favorites. Him and I tease/argue with each other just like brother and sister.

Jake holding up the signs that marked the way to go for the run.

Me and Bubba

The amazing Thornley family. They're always there to support!

My sis Heidi, Tylee and Eric


My sis and I with Tylee. Ya Heidi's a runner......and I'm so not!

Eric passed out the medals to the winners. This is one of his old, um "friends" Jeremi. She was amazing in helping to spread the word and get people to come. People are so good!

Eric being cool like that! I thought it was very touching that he passed out the medals. I was getting all teary eyed just watching it.

Alan and Anna

Me and my cute little niece Tylee


My Momma and Tylee
A HUGE thanks for the support Mommy

Oh no, I forgot this Dr's name. He came and did free cancer screenings for anyone who wanted to get things checked out. (If anyone knows his name, please tell me and I'll add it.) He was so giving and helpful. He had a line of people the whole time. He was even giving out free sunscreen and lip gloss. I even had him check out a couple of my moles, just to be safe.

The snacks we set up for the runners. Everything was donated (this doesn't even show all of it either!)

Joey, Hallee and Heidi
Once again Joey was the support staff. Thanks Joey!

My neighbor Chuck carrying Trey over the finish line. Trey's wheelchair got stuck or quit running (I'm not sure which one), so Chuck carried him over. Have I ever told you how great my neighbors are. We had some of neighbors come and support us at the run too.

What would we do without Kim?! She got sooo many great prizes donated! She just kept pulling out more and more great prizes. She even got a brand new set of golf clubs donated along with TONS of other stuff. Your amazing Kimi!

The time keepers

Manning the race. Rog, Vi, Eric and Dave


I know this picture is blurry but I still wanted to add it. My dad was also a great support. I can't believe he was at a race on a Saturday morning in September, prime hunting time.

Salli=AMAZING! If you want anyone on your team when your in crisis, it's her! She did the most amazing job. She worked so hard she actually lost her voice and was sick. She knows EVERYONE and can sweet talk ANYONE Ü She got everything for free so that more money can go to Eric and Christina. Way to pull off the MOST AMAZING race Salli the Great! One thing that was funny is everyone told her she would never get 300 racers, well that made her just want to get 300 racers even more. Well she did it and then some. I'm so proud of her! I definately want her on my side when I'm in a bind.

Vi patroling the course, or something like that!

Kaidin, Ethan, Jayden and racers behind them. Kaidin is such an amazing runner. He meant to run the 1 mile but missed the turn around point, so he ended up running a 5K. What an amazing boy!

Roger was amazing as well. He worked so hard with Salli to get everything organized. I know several people who knows Roger and Donna would just walk up and hand him money. Like I said, people are sooo good!

I cannot believe how many people were there!

Hallee and her Grandpa
Kenna getting ready for the 5K

Mom and Brett


Daddy and Maecee
Some of the prizes (actually I think all of these are ones that Kim got)
There was also a Jillian Michaels Treadmill that Dave got. He also got almost all the shirts donated for free!

Kaidin and Jayden


Rhett and Hillary-I'm so grateful they came. Jas was gone hunting but they still came to show their support! Thanks guys!

Like I have been saying, I'm so humbled by the amazing neighbors, friends, family and even complete strangers who wanted to support a great cause. I was so humbled to be apart of this day! A big thanks to everyone!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

I wish we could have been there! That was the weekend Ty had his appendix out and I remember being in the hospital thinking we are missing the big race! I'm glad it turned out so well!

heather and fam said...

Heather---don't worry about not coming. I think being in the hospital is a good excuse Ü It did turn out really good. Very inspiring. I don't know how Salli pulled it off. She did an amazing job!