Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boise McEvoy's




Maecee and I had the priviledge of going to take care of Eric and Christina's (Fina's) kids while Christina was in California getting her first round of BioChemo treatment. We drove up Sunday night and stayed until Friday morning. We had a great time doing all sorts of activities. The thing they had the most fun doing was playing in the back yard with the hose. I was trying to "waste time" during the witching hours of 4-5:00. I made a rainbow with the hose for them to run under and kept spraying them. Eventually Carson ended up with hose and was loving trying to get us all wet. We also went to the park, the pool, and Rafiki (an indoor playground).
My family somehow survived us being gone. Well sort of. Rumor has it that my house was almost burned down by some 12 year old girl who forgot to put water in her Cup of Noodles before cooking them in the microwave. All I can say is #1 It smelled like we took up smoking at our house #2 Some serious cooking lessons (fire prevention) lessons need to take place. Good thing her brother was home, he was the one that helped save the day. I don't know if I dare leave again. Although with the schedule we have right now, we would have to hire a taxi driver to get my kids to all their destinations. Luckily, I was able to go to Boise before our crazy school, baseball, gymnastics, GYC, piano, Young Women, Preschool, Relief Society, work, playtime schedule got too out of hand.
A big thanks is in order to my husband (who had one of his busiest work weeks, plus had baseball tryouts for Ethan's team while I was gone) and also to Aunt Salli and Aunt Kim. Salli had no idea she would be adopting my kids for a few days. As always, my kids loved being with her and are lucky to have such great Aunts and Uncles. My sister even pitched in. Thank you, thank you to our support team! I'm sure I'm leaving someone out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: