Monday, August 25, 2008

Hard Questions by Eth


Conversation out of the blue last night with Ethan

E: Mom we need more people in our family (tears in his eyes, choking back, starting to cry)

M: What the...."why do you say that?"

E: Because I really want a brother (huge crocodile tears forming)

M: I look at brett w a dumfounded look, he looks back at me like.....that makes two of us. He ALWAYS make me answer hard questi0ns, you know the kinds i'm talking about! Ok me regaining my composure...."Why do you want a brother?"
E: Cuz I have too many sisters and I need a brother for a friend!
M: (me thinking...how do you explain to a 6 year old that you have had all tubes and other areas singed, burned and otherwise made unusable for having another baby!!!? CRAP!) "UH, well Brenden has 5 sisters so at least you only have 2"..(poor excuse I know).
E: Ya but mom he has a dog!
M: Dang it...he got me on that one!
I am not an animal person but someday I'm going to have to break down and be one for my Eth!
Above picture is Dave's dog Molly. After Eth hugged, climbed and tugged at Molly his shirt was COVERED in dog hair. I made him change it before we went out to breakfast with everyone to celebrate Salli and Vi's running the Top of Utah half marathon on Saturday. We were the cheering section, signs and all.
More posts to come. We've had an eventful weekend. Roger and Donna are leaving today on their mission to Russia. I couldn't go with everyone to the MTC and breakfast because Maecee has the flu bug BAD! She's been pucking non stop for 24 hours. Poor bubba! So I couldn't have anyone babysit her and risk them get sick, so Brett went to say goodbye without me :(
Also I have pics of a b-day party for Roger, Alan, Erin, pics of Salli and Vi at the race, some pics I still haven't posted from the twin girls being sealed to Sal and Vi last weekend and Rog and Donna's farewell stuff. Also need to take pics of Eths new room, and start on Maecees. Also I have a RS lesson to give in 2 weeks and a leadership training mtg to plan that same week. Ok I'll stop their cuz it's too much to type. OHHH lots to do, and here I sit blogging about it! HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!
Oh I do have to include Maecee's thing she said to me last week. I was picking her up from Heidi's, she had stayed there while I graded papers at the school and I dropped something or did something weird and Maec goes "Daaah!!!!" You have to hear her say it. I laughed sooo hard! Of course we now hear it regularly DAH! I laugh everytime. Kids are great!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

A suggestion on the dog thing...Research hair dogs, that's what we have, they don't shed! One suggestion, get a dog that is big enough he can be outside a lot, then you won't have to deal with the potty training thing as much! Good luck!

Christina said...

AHHHH! I seriously don't know what I would do too! That would be hard esp with tears! So cute though at the same time! You guys definitely need a dog!

Anonymous said...

Eth needs a dog Heather! Neither of our dogs shed and there are quite a few breeds that don't. I do know how you feel about animals - how about Brett? Did he have dogs growing up? Curtis has a Pit/Boxer mix (Roxie)and she is the sweetest thing. He takes her everywhere - mountain biking, hiking, camping. No shedding. She is a great dog. Kevin just got a Lab/Shepherd mix in July as a 8 week old puppy. He (Levi)is adorable but he will more than likely be a shedder, but not to bad because of the Lab in him. Levi is really smart and it didn't take Kev too long to potty train him. Soooo - do some research and get Eth one of his own! Rizzo has spoken!