Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Jamma


It's my mommy's birthday today. I'm not going to say her age...but she is 20 years older than me....and i think i'm 33....so you can do the math! She never wants her picture taken so here is one I snuck at the 24th of July parade with her holding Kaidin. Okay some things about my mom and my kids Jamma.
1. She is the most giving person. You need her shirt-okay. Your needs always come before her own. When we would give her a gift card to a store (like Borders for some books) guess what she would buy? Kids books for the grandkids. We either can't give her one or have to go with her and force her to buy herself something.
2. She is a great cook and shows her love thru our fav meals/treats. Just to name some potato salad, scotcharoos, cookies, etc.
3. She loves her kids and grandkids more than anything, and we feel the same way! Sleepovers are a great treat for the kids. They love playing games with her, doing puzzles, watching movies, and eating good food. When the first grandkids (Caileb and McKenna) were little she said "we have to think of a different name then "grandma". That sounds to old. So the name Jamma emerged and it is so fitting.
4. She taught me how to love unconditionally, hear both sides of the story, and I am really proud of how she lives her life considering some things that have happened to her in the past. Our family would be really different if she hadn't made those changes/choices in her own life.
5. She is fun! Growing up it wasn't surprising for me to come home and find my guy friends hanging out with my mom. She would make them food and just have fun and talk with them. She found a note that I had written to her when I was in high school and it said that "as Cody would say...you have the coolest mom ever, and I can't believe you would tell your mom that!" Luckily I could tell her anything.
6. She gave me my love of the arts (plays, shows, etc.) and mostly my deep desire to read, read, read!
That's all my pea brain can think of for now, but if you have any memories of her...PLEASE COMMENT. If I think of more I'll add them!
Happy Birthday MOM!

No comments: