Yep I turned on the oven to flippin' 425 degrees. Next thing I know, I'm smelling some smoke....my brain is slugging along.....did I spill something while baking....oh wait I don't really bake....ummmmm....OH CRAP!!! I run to the oven and it is JAM PACKED!!!! There was 2 dishtowels, today's mail, a wedding invitation, A sub for santa GIFT CARD (hope that still works!), shoes, McKenna's homework, newspaper, clementine oranges, 2 hot pads, more newspaper, more mail, and I think that about covers it! HOLY COW! I was yelling BRETT come here (now picture everyone but Brett running into the kitchen). I was throwing things out of the oven as fast as I could! Then much to my dismay McKenna said "mom didn't you just tell us to check the oven before we turn it on" Why yes I did! Then Brett enters "you didn't check the oven before you turned it on? Didn't you just....." YES I DID! Luckily nothing caught on fire but McKenna's study page is a little brownish. How do you explain that to your teacher! "My mom caught my homework on fire!"
The other OH MY events were her saying to me while standing on the kitchen chair "mom watch (full glass of chocolate milk in hand)" and deliberately waits until I look and dumps the whole dang thing! Same type of situation while eating the day before. Glass ornament in hand, mom looks, and it hits the floor-NICE!
7 comments:
Oh my gosh Heather. That makes me lauph so hard. I can't believe her. I wish you well dear friend!!
I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. I can so relate to that. Landon loves to cook too. Usually he only sticks bakeware, hot pads and occasional toy in the oven to cook. I've only warmed stuff up never melted or burned anything yet. Good thing they are so cute
Gotta love the two year olds! Bryan talked all day on Sunday how cute Maecee was to sit on his lap during church. They always act better for other people don't they? I love your family pictures by the way!
Holy cow I cant believe she did that, it way funny! You better check the oven from now on and things like the dishwasher and other fun hiding places!
She must have gotten it from her Lundahl heritage. I remember something about Brian when he was young.
Don't they make locking devices for ovens as well as cupboards?
YEA MAECEE, we love you!!
Grandpa Mac
well, this hilarious story made an impact on me! I had a dream last night that I cooked Grayson because Macee had placed him in the oven as well! Maybe it is a mental thing seeing how I couldn't "cook" him long enough! Maecee is one of a kind! I would have set my house on fire. Lucky you still have some brain cells!
Ohhh Maecee! Wow! I seem to remember some stories like these about little McKenna, and hey, she turned out great!
Just catching up on people's blogs, I am way behind!
I love the post about some free time with Brett, you guys have an awesome marriage! Miss you tons!
Post a Comment