We had a great Halloween this year...but it was also an eye opener for us.
BIG NEWS.....our kids (0ne in particular) are growing up!!!
Okay that's not really big news but seriously they really do grow up and not want to hang out with you on Halloween.
Story: McKenna asks me "mom how come I can't go with my friends on Halloween, you always tell me how you went with your friends everywhere" {note to self-quite telling stories of when I grew up because they only come back to bite me.} I try to make up some pathetic excuse..she doesn't fall for it. So her cute friend Hunter calls and asks if she can go trick or treating with her and her family up by her grandma's house (up by where I used to go trick or treating). She's so excited that I let her go.....
When we joined our lovely cavewoman later that night, she declared that "no offense mom, but I HAD THE BEST TIME...THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN....THANKS SO MUCH FUN FOR LETTING ME GO, WE RODE THE GOLF CART AND DID THIS AND THIS....and I reminded myself to treasure all the moments I have with my kids because pretty soon, we won't be cool enough for them to hang out with. Their friends will trump us everytime. So did I enjoy her enough last Halloween? I'm not sure I don't remember, but I'm sure it might have been the last :(
9 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! They are so dang cute. Wish we could have spent some time with you. Hopefully soon. Love to all.
Your kids looked great for Halloween!
The ratted hair do looks like Heathers from kindergarten thru high school..
Ohhhhh...That makes me sad.
Cute costumes tho!
Those pictures are really cute! We are chandlerandamanda.blogspot.com. It looks like you guys had tons of fun.
Heather I feel your pain. I am not looking forward to the days when my kids don't want to hang out with me... I know it's just around the corner. Your kids are so adorable. I am so glad I get to keep updated on your cute family.
Your tender post is sweet.
But dont' worry, you have lots of years left of things like: "So I told everyone they could come over here afterward, OK?" or "Quick, Mom, I need a 70's costume!"
I love those pictures, and your post was priceless. Maecee cracks me up-what a character she is.
And YES, you SHOULD get a DOG for Eth!!! Just imagine the look on his face! :)
Ask Brett for Murphy. That would be the BEST!!
You'll get to see them, 'cause you still have the check book don't you?
Grandpa Mac
Post a Comment