Science Project Time
Do you ever wonder what happens in your stomach when you combine certain food items...like let's say you drink a Coke and then down a big bag of SALTY chips. Well we found out. McKenna had to make a Volcano for school and her teacher gave them the recipe to make the clay and told them to be creative. They were going to explode the volcano's at school the week of Halloween. He told them that he would supply the "lava". Well we did a google search to try to visualize what volcanos look like and then we searched science projects-volcanos. We found a bunch of Youtube videos of kids making things explode. The one thing we saw was someone adding salt to a bottle of Coke. We decided to have McKenna bring her own lava to school. So mom went to buy some pop and the rest of "the team" collected rocks, grass, sticks, cars, etc. to assemble the project. When I arrived home with our loot we had to try out the Coke explosion in the sink first and then figure out how we would disguise the bottle, etc. It turned out to be a fun family project, and it worked great at school. Then when McKenna brought it home that night we held some more explosions out on the front porch. The kids thought it was great. Here's to many more projects to come.....
2 comments:
What a good attitude you have about school projects! I just hate them! You go Heather!
You know I am going to call you when I have to start doing that. I am so not looking forward to that. I am still planning on Wednesday. I will call you this week. Love ya Heath!!
Post a Comment