Friday, November 14, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Okay maybe this is why I like kid movies (see prior post). I was laying on my bed trying to get little Miss Maecee to drift into dreamland as we watched Kung Fu Panda. She is in love with Pandas for some strange reason. As she slowly drifted away, while sucking on her piece of gum like a binki, I indulged myself and watched some more of the movie. I'm glad I did because a quote the old wise turtle said to the Panda (Po) was:

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But today is a gift
That is why it's called the "PRESENT"
I love that! You never know what will come tomorrow. You "hope" it will be filled with good things, happy things...but you never know! That's why you have to make the most of TODAY! I hope to be able to do this. Especially during the coming Holidays where so much of hub bub is made about what gift you want or how many presents you have, or how much money you have to spend or not to spend, etc. The things I care about are right in front of me. My amazing husband, my kids that I could just eat up with a spoon, all our extended family and friends, and of course The Gospel. I don't know where I would be without that! Okay that deep thought has wasted all brain power for the day :) Enjoy your day, your gift, TODAY!

2 comments:

McEvoy Family said...

Heath-I love that quote as well! It is so true. I also want to be better at enjoying my "gift". The little turtle is so wise! Much love.

Natalie Sadler said...

Oh, Heather! I miss you and that optimism! Love, Nat