Well I took the plunge and decided to get the kids and I flu shots yesterday. This will be a trial run to see if getting them helps or not. We'll see how it goes. I asked Brett if he wanted to come with us to get one and he gave me a frightened look and said no. The kids and I were teasing him asking him if he was scared....he didn't answer.... :) He told us that he's had more shots in his life than all of us put together (when he lived in Africa they had to get the "peanut butter" shot, that hurts like a bugger and obviously he still has distinct memories of it) so no shot for Daddy! The kids and I had a great time teasing him about being afraid...and like I said, he didn't deny it. Hopefully he doesn't get sick. Our luck will probably be that all of us get sick and Brett doesn't get anything. Then he'll tease US about getting shots!
Anyway...we went to the crowded doctors office and Ethan told them he would not be receiving a shot that day. I told the kids that if we all got one we could hurry and catch High School Musical 3. We'd be late but I wanted to put something else in their heads, besides being scared. So we go back to the room and Mom tried to set the example by going first and being brave. It stung a little but I sure wasn't going to tell them that (actually it was NOTHING compared to giving myself a migraine injection). Then the nurse decided to go from oldest to youngest. We all had on long sleeve shirts and were trying to figure the best way to get to our arms. McKenna went and didn't even flinch, Ethan pretty much didn't get a chance to argue his case and got poked. He said OWIE very loudly and got a little teary eyed but knew he had to be brave for his little sis. Maecee declared that it was "my turn" and pulled her own sleeve down. She sat on McKenna's lap, mom held her hand, and Eth pulled funny faces at her. She got poked and didn't even flinch! I could not believe it! Then she proudly looked over at the nurse and says "thank you, see ya". We all laughed so hard.
So we ran out of there and headed to the theatre. We walked in about 15 minutes late so I have no idea what we missed. We loved it! I'm still trying to figure out why I like kids movies so much. I mean REALLY like them. As in have to buy them right when they come out, and then watch them over and over with the kids. I think I really am still a kid at heart. One funny thing that happened during the movie was during one of the songs that Sharpay and Ryan sing Ethan turns to me and goes "this is getting really annoying!" I think he was sick of all the singing and dancing and wanted to see more "boy" things. He loved the part when Troy and Chad were singing in the junkyard and turn into versions of them as little kids. Maecee danced her heart away the whole movie. McKenna liked it too, but she couldn't wait to get out of the theatre so she could text her friend Hunter from gym. So all in all the day was a success, oh that is after stopping at the store to purchase Kung Fu Panda :)
3 comments:
I love that! You are such a fun mom! I was stupid enough to get all of my kids flu shots on the same day at the same time by MYSELF! DUH. We still need to see HSM3. Sounds like a good trade-off!
We'll be doing the same thing Tues! We do it every year and Steve won't do it. I think he gets sick the most often too!
Hi, Heather. I am Leighann (Karren) Marutz, my family lived in Africa with Brett and family. I can across your blog and love seeing the McEvoy's. Hope you don't mind my peeking in every once in a while.
I can completely side with Brett. I had that "peanut butter shot" and I don't blame him one bit for being chicken. I, unfortunately don't have the luxury to say no since dx with MS I get injections everyday :(
Post a Comment