Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekends at Grandpa Horsey's House

My "old" Home Sweet Home
Oh how I love going to my dad's house. The smells (fresh air, skunk, manure, and just a home smell), the sounds (coyote farm, the quakies in the breeze, the river, MC band practice, birds, crickets, horses, 4 wheelers, etc.) Growing up we were used to the loud sound of the coyote's howling (the coyote farm is just up the hill from us), and most of the time didn't even realize they were making any noise, well someone who had never been there would get these wide eyes and ask what the heck that noise was. We would usually tease them and say it was a baseball game...which it kind of sounds like....or try to scare them and say "oh no, the coyote's are coming". It was an amazing place to grow up!
Anywho, we've been going out to papa horseys as Maecee calls him every Sunday (and sometimes more often, when I try to brave the exercise machine there). Maecee begs me to go so she can feed apples to the horsies. I have loved going to my old home and introducing my kids to everything there. Too bad there are so many fences up now, cuz in the "olden days" we could actually ride (on snowmobiles) from our house up to the coyote farm/deer fence. We spent lots of time outside, and even though my parents will deny it, they had NO CLUE where we were. We were hiking up to the face, or riding our bikes to Canyon View or Minute Mart, or we would be in the raging river, or the canal, or the willows, just wherever sounded good that day. We had some good times! I will say that sadly I wouldn't let my kids do half the things we did...I'm way to overprotective, and I know it! Here are some pictures of some fav spots.



A fishing hole in the Blacksmith Fork River. We spent alot of time fishing or swimming in this river.

Skipping rocks in the same river.


Riding 4 wheeler in the back yard. See all those fences....Sheesh!


Our Family with Grandma Shirleen and Grandpa Cordell at Hallee's baby blessing.

Pictures on the rock in grandpa's yard. The 3 amigos

The Look of Maecee...isn't she sweet!?



A big thanks to Grandpa Horsey and Lisa for making us feel so at home and letting the kids run free :) We love you guys!

3 comments:

Mom in Mendon said...

Nice report, Heather, and cute pictures as always.

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Grandpa Horsey is the best. What a help to me and our family.

Say "HI' for us!

Grandpa Mac

Kelli said...

Heather,

It's me Kelli Sampson...ha,ha. How are you doing? I am so glad that Jen emailed me your blog. We can at least stay in touch that way. Reading about your dad's house brought back many memories. What fun we had back then!! I love ya Heather. You got my text about Hallee didn't you? I can't remember if you text me back. The hospital is all a blur to me. She is doing so good. Check out my blog so you can see her. I love ya Heather