Monday, September 1, 2008

YEA WATERSKIING!

Our awesome neighbors took us waterskiing on Saturday to Cutler Dam. We had a blast. I was feeling sad because I didn't think we were going to be able to go boating this year and then we got the call from Duff. I love being out on the water, it's so relaxing....even when my imagination gets the best of me thinking of all the yucky fish lurking under the water..... I have a small phobia about that. So here are some pictures. I did ski but when Mary tried to take a picture of me the memory card was full (go figure) so I don't have proof that I skied :(
McKenna tried to waterski for the 1st time..She stayed up for about 4 seconds, then fell. Also the first time she wrecked she wouldn't let go of the rope. We were yelling at her to let go. I was proud of her for trying though!
Maecee chillin' in the boat.
The Flag boy
Maecee's first time boating
McKenna knee boarded for her 1st time
Hunka Hunka What is that a 12 pack?
Eth first time kneeboarding. Duff had a tricky way of getting the kids up on the knee board. They would start at the back of the boat laying on the board then he would slowly let out the rope and when they got out far enough they would get up on their knees. I was sooo surprised that Ethan did this. The first time he crashed the board flipped over and we didn't really tell him what to expect....well he freaked out! He said he forgot that his life jacket was on and there we are leaving him in the boat. He was terrified, so Duff dove into to save him. It was cute because Duff said that when he got to Ethan he goes...Hey Duff what are you doing? You got wet. But it didn't scare him enough not to do it again. I was really proud of him.




4 comments:

Heather Palmer said...

What a fun day for you guys! Thank you for dinner the other day. Bryan really liked it! You have no idea how amazing that is! And my brother wants the recipe because he is in charge of a dinner group in his Student ward. I told everyone how nice my relief society was to bring me dinner. The best present ever! Thanks again!

Becky said...

I am very jealous...we love to go waterskiing...and yet no boat. Oh well - we usually always get at least 1 invite a year. Glad you had fun.

Kelly said...

McKenna is beautiful! She looks just like her mommy with a titch of Brett in there with the eyes. It was good to see YOU in a pic finally, your kids are awesome at the boating sports, way to go!

Christina said...

First of all, love the pictures! How fun! Don't you wish you had a boat, they are so much fun (but so expensive too!)
Ok, so you should totally post your dating memories, it's a fun way for everyone to read and a good thing to be able to look back on (for all of us journal slackers!). It was fun for me to do, I actually took all the pictures from that "barn book" that Kim made for us for the 2nd reception in Logan. Remember that? And yes, it seems like ancient years ago! Hard to believe. No, Eric and I were not serious at all when I came to Tahoe. There was a spark for sure, but that was the first meeting after his mission! We didn't start "dating" until school started when I was back at USU. And yes, I will always remember being there when Elaine passed away, I'm so glad I knew her for even a short time!

I have to tell you, I'm taking this parenting class (it's amazing) through BYU-ID in Boise, and the instructor totally reminds me of her! She's amazing and had 10 kids in 12 years!