Monday, September 22, 2008

Mother of the Year Award

Oh boy have I got a story for you. Although if you don't want to think I'm too crazy you may not want to read the below post. But for most of you that do know me...you'll just laugh!

Okay so it's Saturday morning and Ethan is on one. He's torturing his sisters, wanting some attention, etc. I had put off going to the grocery store to get stuff for Hallee's baby blessing. But I had already made a cake, the crust for my fruit pizza, and was evaluating what I still needed to buy for the taco dip. I was not in the greatest of moods, (in other words I woke up hurting more than usual) but was trying not to let that affect my day and the kids attitude.

So when I finally realized Ethan just needed some attention I was ready for it. He was trying to KARATE his sisters...not ok...so I decided he and I would play Karate (we have watched Karate kids a couple of times and enjoy it :). So he shows me some moves, I do some pathetic moves (again if you know me and my lack of coordination you'll be able to picture this). He does "the bull" move to me which is basicly just ramming his big head into me. We played for a little bit and then just when we were winding down I lifted my knee up, he put his head into "the bull" and boom*&^%@@# his eye socket connects with my knee. OUCHIE! Right when it hit I knew my sweet boy was going to have to tell everyone that his momma gave him a black eye! How sad is that! He cried like crazy and said he wanted to call his dad! The phone conversation went something like this:

Eth: (in the saddest voice ever) hi dad, me and mom were playing Karate and her knee went up and my head went down, AND SHE GAVE ME A BLACK EYE!
Brett: Playing What??? (at first he thought Eth said me and mom were doing pilates????) Are you ok? Why is mom playing Karate?
Eth: Um I don't know
Brett: Did you put some ice on it?
Eth: No, mom I want to put some ice on my eye
Brett: Let me talk to mom.....
Mother of the year: Hi (timidly) I feel really bad...
Brett: Honey....you are not allowed to play karate with the kids. You know that either they will get hurt or you will.
MOTY: Sorry....He was just spunky and I was trying to play with him....
Brett: NO more Karate. I'll be home soon.



Can you see it? It's definately not as bad as I thought it would be...but still!!! (His right eye)



He then had to remind me later that day when I was getting on him to get ready and being stern about it....remember mom...YOU GAVE ME A BLACK EYE! Ouch that stabbed right to the heart. Hopefully today at school no one asks him what happened?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I think you ARE mother of the year for stopping your busy morning to play with Ethan! And the TINY bruise is barely noticeable (sp?). I love the phone conversation part, thanks for sharing!

Heather Palmer said...

Don't worry I win the mother of the year award daily if seems like. I didn't even notice his eye at church. Hey way to go on the peaches. I am picking mine up today. I've done peaches my whole life but never all by myself. I might have to call for some advice!

Christina said...

That is too funny, I can totally envision it. Wow, good one. And no Austin didn't have a cow when we went bowling and the ball rolled down the alley! He loved it and actually got the 3rd best score (with help of course!)