Well I had Brett's mom to guide me along back then. Unfortunately I thought she'd always be around to help me, guide me, do it for me (just like I thought she would always cut Brett's hair, so I never tried to learn, I just asked her to cut it) you know how it goes, and I definately didn't listen too much to her advice! Naughty me! She used to have shelves and shelves of stuff that she had canned in her basement. It was amazing and reminded me of my grandma. I loved to help my grandma do things like that. It's been kind of interesting the comments I get from people when I tell them I am doing it this year.
- I didn't think you did stuff like that or I didn't know you were "in to that"
- What are you trying to get your 3 year supply..dad it's 1 year not three
- OH YOU ARE???
Pretty much....you're a little crazy Heather....but whatever you say :) Well luckily I had asked my mom so many questions that she decided to come and help me out. Which I am SO grateful for because it went so much faster with her help! We had a great time and accomplished it with 2 toddlers and a baby. Thanks momma! We decided we will branch out and do lots more variety next year. I'm excited about that and will definately have to get some different set up to get the cans out of the water...because I was close to saying naughty words because I kept getting burned and the darn jars kept slipping out of my hands!
Here they are. Not up for a blue ribbon I'm sure but hopefully they'll taste ok. That's all that matters anyway! But do you want to know the best part of it all! Brett told me it took him back in time when he came home and could smell and see the mess of peaches being bottled. It reminded him so much of his mom! She used to do everything you can imagine, so the canning process would take days not hours! He said he was more excited about seeing them being done than actually eating them! We all still miss her so much! I still can't believe that it's been 8 years. Time sure does fly.
Here is sweet Hallee. Heidi and I went shopping to find her a blessing dress. We had a great time and had to try it on her the second we got back home. Heidi asked Brett to bless her. We will be doing it tomorrow at my dad's house.
Maecee and Hallee---I just wanted to type that so you'd see the double ee's :) There is also Tawnee! They are laying under the toy that has been a big hit with all three of my kiddies. And now it is Hallee's.
No comments:
Post a Comment