Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley

Our beloved prophet President Hinckley passed away Sunday January 27th. I along with the rest of our family saw it on t.v. and we were shocked! He has really been in my thoughts all week! I keep thinking of the great reunion he must be having with his wife. He was such an amazing man. I loved to listen to him each and every conference. I would devour every word he said! One conference when he was sick and had been in the hospital it was almost if he was telling us that he wasn't going to make it to the next conference and I felt sick! So each time I heard him spoke I would listen closely and take everything in. I can't imagine things without him but know his job is done and he has moved on to bigger and better things!

I did have the opportunity to watch the Young Women in our Stake in Logan (Blackhawk ward) sing at a Young Women's Broadcast. I remember we were all just sitting there talking and all of the sudden there was silence, and you could feel the spirit really strong. We realized that the Prophet had entered the room with his wife and you could have heard a pin drop. It's hard to explain the moment but I remember feeling a rush of love, and high regard for this amazing man that was our Prophet!

We will miss you President Hinckley and hope your reunion is a sweet one! Let us all remember what he taught us and be better people!

No comments: