Monday, January 14, 2008

Let it snow, Let it snow, OK STOP ALREADY!!!!!!


Ethan, McKenna, Maecee

I can't believe all this snow! This is how it used to be when I was a little kid. Except they would cancel school. I remember us kids would huddle under a blanket around the heater vent and listen to the radio to see if school was going to be canceled. Wow what a great day for us kids when it was......... Now as a parent-----probably not the best day for my mom :)

My kids are loving this snow though! Maecee has gone out quite a few times so she can be like the big kids. She will go over to where her coat is hanging up and try to jump to get it down. She'll also bring you her boots. It's cute how she wants to be with the big kids. This particular day she wanted to go out and help her daddy shovel snow. He then pulled her in the sled and she didn't think that was to fun. A couple of days later the kids wanted to go out and sled down the small hill in our backyard. Well the snow was actually too deep, which was really frustrating for them!

On saturday they got to go to grandpa horseys and ride on the snowmobile (which Eth could do all day long if we would let him). Cory has been working on a little course for the kids to ride on. Eth also dug a tunnel with the neighbors on saturday and came in soaking WET! The sun was shining and he must have been rolling in the water. I couldn't believe how wet he was!
McKenna was at gym practice which is where she wants to be every day all day.

To sum things up------I cannot wait to be in Disneyland in 37 days, but who's counting???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister just called me and told me I had to check out a blog page...I was so surprised to see my favorite McEvoy family! Such a beautiful family that you have. Heather you make me laugh...you haven't aged a bit. You and Brett look the same as you did the last time I saw you. The kids are getting big though. I would love to catch up with you sometime. My current email is mcdonaldbecky@comcast.net. Take care you guys!
-Becky (Geertsen) McDonald

Christina said...

How cute! I can't believe how much snow you guys have! I'm jealous, well sort of! I don't like driving in it, that's for sure! Yes, Eric didn't end up going to San Diego because he didn't pass the test, and you have to be licensed...so, it worked out anyways. Jen and Matt came up for the weekend, so it's been really fun hanging with them. I just can't believe I'm 30 now!