Thursday, January 31, 2008

Maecee Video

I have to write about our funny little Maecee. I say little because she is so much slimmer than Ethan or McKenna ever were (and believe me, she can put the food down! Brett offered her some ELK JERKY that no one else would eat--but her and Brett :) and she ate it right up! She came home with some seriously disgusting breath too. BLAHHH! Thanks Grandpa Horsey, and uncle Jas and Cory).

I found this picture of Maecee eating the jerky! EWWWWW!

She is a character! She doesn't lack in the spunk area that her big sister had either! You'll see a little bit of that in this video (COULDN'T GET VIDEO TO LOAD----I TRIED FOREVER AND IT WOULDN'T WORK---SORRY if anyone knows a secret tip, please tell me). I really tried to catch video of her doing her "routine" like McKenna. We may have two gymnasts on our hands, that's ok by me....I think! She does the funniest somersault, leg twist thing, but of course she wouldn't do it while I had the camera on her. She did it for my mom the other day and just kept going and going! It was hilarious!

Also her other nickname it Messy Maecee......wow is all I can say! Leave her in a room with anything that could remotely make a mess and watch out! Yesterday for example, her and I were playing in my room and somehow she spied some lotion under my bed and crawled under the bed to get it. Of course, I took off the lid and gave her some (pushover!). I turned away for a second and saw out of the corner of my eye a stream of something.......Pink lotion coming out like water from a faucet. She had the most amazed, sneaky look on her face. So, for the sake of getting a good picture.....I let her keep doing it (No, Brett was not home to witness this, he would have kicked my bootie!)



Later that day Brett and I went and watched her at school. I was almost embarrased at the run she gives those teachers. She was sent to the sink several times to wash off. I just had to laugh, it's good for those young teachers! All Brett could do was shake his head and say, why do they let them play with stuff like that? What do they expect? (there was gelatin jello stuff which she smeared all over her hair then threw on the ground, playdough floam which she took big fistfuls and chucked like balls as fast as possible, etc.) On orientation day there was red sand in the "water" table. Maecee had it all over the floor, again Brett just said, why would you put out something like that? Come on honey----it's fun---and it's not on our floor??!!! Last night I was trying to prepare my RS lesson for sunday and I had left a blue marker by my book (I thought it was hidden). I ran upstairs to answer the phone and came down to see her covered in blue highlighter. The crazy thing is, everything goes straight for the hair---like everything is hair gel or something? So lotion on the carpet, school disasters and blue marker all in a days work for little miss Maecee!

I'll post more about her adventures later.....for now I'm tired of trying to load stuff and need to pay attention to other things-----kids, hubby, house, dinner, lessons, etc.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Heather, Maecee looks a lot like you and McKenna in the lotion pics. What a cutie, a mini-Mckenna right?

Christina said...

Oh wow, that doesn't surprise me after spending a week with you guys! Austin still calls her Messy Maecee whenever he sees a picture of her! It's so funny how these little personalities develop. Austin is a "mess" in his own right, although not with food in his hair, but he loves to dump books, toys, clothes, whatever wherever he goes. Especially when I'm distracted (like talking on the phone!) and then he blurts out, "I'm making a mess!" It's so funny, oh man the things they say!

By the way, cute how Maecee remembers "Audi". And yes, I"m doing good, sick of being preggo, and ready to have this little guy!