We (well I should probably just say I) stayed up PAST Midnight! Wahoo! Our friends Steve and Kelly invited us up to a cabin they were staying in for New Years Eve. Of course we jumped at the chance to spend time with our goood friends that we never get to see and the cabin was a gem in itself. HUGE! Maecee kept begging me for weeks to go back to that cabin with the trampoline in the basement.
This was a quick, last minute trip that couldn't have been any better. They invited us to come up to the cabin instead of them coming to Logan for dinner. Steve's family had rented it out and gave them an extra night for free. So we brought snacks, fireworks, new years stuff, games and movies.
Mostly I loved just getting caught up with these friends. We met them when Brett and I were first married and living in Blackhawk. It's so funny because Brett and I were called to be sunbeam teachers and Steve and Kelly also were called because there were so many little kids in that ward. What an awesome calling that is when you don't have any kids. I look back now and think about how clueless I was about some of the things I brought for them to "color" with. Markers, stamps, play dough, things that may be considered not appropriate for their age. I was always surprised at how much they loved those markers (now I know why!). So we would talk to Steve and Kelly and I was always jelous of their class because it had these 3 adorable little girls that I really wanted to teach, but Kelly got them!!! I can't even remember how we "hooked" up but we would do stuff with them all the time. I have some GREAT, FUNNY memories of our times together. We also got to share the experience of having our first babies together. They moved away (sad) but we have still tried to get together whenever we can, which is never enough.
Hopefully we will be able to continue on our tradition of hanging out. To many more years Steve, Kelly and Family. We love you guys and thanks again!
No comments:
Post a Comment