Monday, January 19, 2009

More of what we've been doin'

Maec pretending she's a baby.
The girls doing the splits over Maecee's crib. Actually that crib has been the place of slumber for all 3 of my babies. I was just thinking the other day that once Maecee is done with it then what? Can I really give up a bed like that held all my precious cargo over the years? I'm really not sure what to do, so I guess I won't be doing anything....for the moment :)
This is what we do Sunday morning to entertain ourselves since we have the dreaded church time of 1:00! Oh boy, what a hard time to go, especially for Maec who doesn't get a nap that day. Last night she was having a screaming fit from about 6:00 on because she was so darn tired. I should have taken a pic of her swollen eyes. Not sure what to do about it though.

Oh sweet Alan. This is the "baby" in Brett's family. Let's just say he doesn't have the best of luck. He's been staying with us the past week because he had surgery on his hand. He broke 3 of his fingers (down in the palm) skiing. He then had to wait a week before getting surgery. Once they were in there they found that his pointer finger was broken in 5 pieces! The surgery was scheduled for 90 minutes and it ended up going almost 3 hours. Needless to say he was in some serious pain! He couldn't sleep (which normally he could sleep thru a train wreck), so he has been struggling. His fingers are also black and blue and puffy! He goes back to the dr tomorrow for his follow-up. We're hoping that everything is A-ok. He sure deserves it.
Maecee is always telling me "mom take a picture of me!" She's such a nut! We went to the Gymnastics meet Friday night and then went to eat at Angies after. Well for some strange reason she calls everyone a cowboy, like "ethan is a coooowboy". So we're sitting there in Angie's and 2 guys walk in wearing their cowboy hats. So I pointed them out to her. The rest of the night she kept yelling "hi cowboys, hi cowboys". So after we finished eating I asked her if she wanted to go and say hi to the cowboys. She said yes. I thought she would be shy but she wasn't. Imagine me, carrying my 2 year old to a table full of teenagers, 2 of which have cowboy hats on. So I say "hey this is really weird, but my daughter has a strange fascination with cowboys and she wanted to come and say hi to you. She's been yelling hi to you since you came in." Pretty sure they thought I was crazy, but let the truth be known, I am a mom that will do whatever to fulfill my kids dreams :) So while the girls gave me crusty looks, the cowboys said hi to my 2 year old. She was just waving at them the whole time saying "hi cowboys, hi". It was a funny sight to see. So if she ever calls you a "coooowboy" you must be special :)
GNO aka Girls Night Out
If you didn't already know that I'm the meanest mom in the world, let it be known now that I am because I don't let McKenna have sleepovers. We have "late" nights. It's a long explanation as to why, but let's just say McKenna doesn't appreciate this rule I have. You know, she pulls the whole----did you get to have sleepovers when you were my age? So somehow I let her talk me into having a late night. Wow it was LOUD! My mom actually came over (not knowing that we had a housefull of girls) and we could barely hear each other talk. I asked her if I was that loud---well I was----sheesh I don't believe it! So we had the giggly girls, my mom (who was trying to escape my sisters loud house), a crazy Maecee, an injured Alan, and Dave and Melissa came to visit Al. It was a full house, but we survived.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I don't let my kids have sleepovers either. We have "late nights" too. It is just easier that way. So don't feel bad.

McEvoy Family said...

It looks like you have been busy to say the least! I feel like I can't hear myself think when Lain has 1 friend over! I hope you are surviving having extra "kids"!!! I had no idea Al was having such a hard time! You are so good to take care of him. Hope all is well. We miss you guys. The kids had so much fun playing while we were there!

Christina said...

HEY. Thanks for the comments, I do quiet time too, but he still gets grumpy sometimes without actual SLEEP, you know what I mean? He just runs all over the place ALL DAY, it just wears him out! :)

So, we're coming to SLC to go skiing with some friends next week (leave Thurs the 5th). I think we're going to stop in Logan on our way home to see you guys, what time is your church? We'll probably leave in the morning from SLC

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Remember,
Moms are ALWAYS right.

Grandpa Mac
Elder McEvoy

Leighann and Jamie said...

McEvoy Family, there is an American School of Mogadishu FB group.. and a pic of Kim!!!! check it out.
Picture #5 of the 57 posted. :)

McEvoy Family said...

Hey! I saw you need help with blogging ideas!!! J/K but I really did tag you on my blog! No pressure!