Elite Trophy Meet
Ogden, UT May 10, 2008
Ogden, UT May 10, 2008
Look at that concentration! Warming up on the beam with her coach Ashley watching.
McKenna had her next gym meet this past Saturday in Ogden. We raced from Ethans soccer game, home to get some things done (ok mostly for me to play---(or I guess the kids) with my new laptop Brett got me for Birthday/Mothers day. Thanks Honey :), then rushed to Ogden. This meet was not my favorite because it was pretty unorganized and the gym is in a neighborhoood that is less than desirable. Not to mention the fact that I had a serious migraine and chasing Maecee around, trying to watch the team, getting yelled at by some lesbian lovers was not the funnest but it was worth it. McKenna had her best meet!
McKennas scores are Vault 8.3 still don't understand the scoring on that one, Bars 9.2 she did awesome considering some of the scores we saw posted for bars were in the 4.5 range. Then Floor 9.1 which I love watching her on, and lastly was Beam 9.2. She gets most nervous for Beam and had to wait to do it very last. She has to do a cartwheel on the beam and hasn't landed it yet in a meet. Well Saturday was the day! It was so cute to see her face (she said she wanted to start jumping up and down, but had to finish her routine) and to also watch her coaches face! I personally had to hold back my excitement because the beam was right in front of us and I get in trouble (by her) if I make noise during her routine----because it mess her up ;) It was pretty cool. So the awards time finally came and for her age group she got 1st in Vault, 1st in Bars, 1st in Floor, 1st on Beam, and 1st all around with an amazing score of 35.8. Yea McKenna!!!!
2 comments:
Watch out Olympics, here she comes! That is soooo awesome! You are a super mom Heather!
BRAVO McKenna!! What a girl. We're so proud of you!
(And Mom deserves a trophy for hanging in there on a rough day.)
Post a Comment