Monday, May 19, 2008

Another meet......


All American Gym meet in Lindon. McKenna showing off her medals. Pink medals are 1st place

So we had another Saturday that included soccer games, cleaning and a Gym meet. We do only have one more meet (State on Friday June 13th---I think) and also one more soccer game. Then it's time to gear up for T-ball, the pool and sanity busters for the summer. I LOVE summer time, but that adjustment of being "nonscheduled" takes a couple of weeks of getting used to---for the whole family. I do have a plan though.....we'll see if it works :)

McKenna had another awesome meet! She scored 8.7 on Vault (1st place), 8.9 on Bars (1st place in her age group), 9.25 on Beam---she landed that cartwheel again! (1st place), and 8.7 on Floor (2nd place), and 1st place in her All Around. The judges seemed to be judging really tough this meet but I think they were tough on everyone. We asked Ashley again how McKenna placed out of the 51 girls that were in her session and she took 2nd place out of everyone! Whew! It's pretty exciting.

My mom stayed home and watched Ethan and Maecee so that was great to be able to see everything! Thanks MOM! McKenna got some alone time with her mom and dad which rarely happens. She was cracking us up. When we were riding home she was telling us that on Vault if you don't run as fast as you can, then you get 8/10 of a point deduction. So she shared her secret to running fast with us......She said "what if a kidnapper came.....ahhhhhhh kidnapper, kidnapper, run, run!". I laughed so hard!



1 comment:

Kelly said...

Again, SUPER MOM! You are awesome and so is McKenna, and how cute is Maecee! I looked at the McEvoy blog on your link, I never knew Jim and his wife were going through so much, they are in my prayers as is their premie baby.