Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thanksgiving and stitches. Ya I'm Behind

When we had Thanksgiving at my moms (see post below, I hate how these pictures load) Maecee thought she grew wings and decided to stand four steps up and jump onto the bean bag at the bottom of my moms stairs. It's still not clear if she was "dared" to do this or not. My mom's stairs are old wood stairs that have linoleum on the top and a nice dangerous metal strip on the edge. I had run home to grab something when it happened but had a feeling that I was going to get a call that someone was hurt (weird!! I actually pictured it being Ethan). So I rushed over to see everyone huddled around my Maecee. Brett and I took her to InstaCare. She was so unbelievably brave! None of the nurses could believe it. She just snuggled up on her daddy's lap, held her blanket and sucked on her gum. She actually even fell asleep while they were cleaning it out. The dr came in, did the stitches and she didn't move a muscle or cry at all. They said they sometimes have to strap little kids down on a board in restraints so that they can keep them still. Good job Maec! We had to go back 5 days later to get them out and she marched right in like she owned the place. We had the same nurse and she remembered Maecee and was telling everyone how brave she was. Then we were done. The scar does not look good at all though. It may be because she picked the scab off about 2 days after the stitches came off. Hopefully we can get it to fade a little bit.


We had Thanksgiving at my mom's house a couple of days after Thanksgiving. It's always nice to have your mom's style of Thanksgiving. She knows just what we like. Thanks mommy! It is always good times when we get together. And in case you don't know my brothers, I'm usually the target of all the teasing, but I think it's funny so it's ok. In fact the lower left corner picture is my brother Cory imitating some pictures that they took of me last Thanksgiving eating. Little did I know they had the camera on me clicking away the whole time I was talking and eating. Jerks! Luckily the memory card died that day, so the pics didn't surface anywhere. The top right picture is all the girl grandkids sitting on Jamma's lap after Maecee got stitches in her head. I also think the picture of Cory painting Tawnee's nails (he also painted Maecee's) is so cute. What a great daddy.

Posted by Picasa



1 comment:

Elder and Sister McEvoy said...

Actually, I can say that she received that skill from her daddy. When he was little, he fell at a baseball field and hit his chin on the bleachers. When we went to the hospital, the old Logan hospital across the street from the Temple,he did exactly the same thing. he held still, never cried or whined and was the hit of the show for that nights medical team. Way to go Brett & Maecee!!!