Thursday, January 21, 2010

Night Skiing

I don't have any pictures of us skiing but I wanted to write about it so I don't forget. We went to Jason's work ski night last Thursday. We all skiied (except Maecee). Brett and Ethan went up first and then McKenna decided she wanted to give it a try, so her and I rode up together. She was REALLY nervous that she was going to hurt herself so she was scared out of her mind at first. Her coach told her that she couldn't go because of the risk of injury (whoops). They have 3 months of gymnastics meets starting tomorrow. She's worked so hard to get all the skills for Level 7 so I know she was being really careful. The temptation to ski was just too much for her to handle.

The highlight of the night though was ETHAN. That kid went up and down the mountain all night long. He didn't stop one time. Not even to eat. I would be going down the mountain and I would here him yell from the lift, "Mom, wait for me." So I would wait for him, he would come cruising past me, say hi and then leave me. I would just be getting to the bottom of the mountain and he would be on the lift again yelling at me. I bet he went down 30 times (at least!). I love that he loved it. Confusing sentence eh? The couple of times that I was able to watch him fly past me were so hilarious. Here is this little guy going so darn fast that he wipes out, rolls down the hill like a snowball, then stands right back up and keeps going. I loved it! He's already asking to go again.

The not so good highlight of the night was Jason. He was trying to spray someone (aka show off)and his knee gave out. He said he heard a loud pop and then he went down. Heidi and I were watching the little kids sled down the hill and all the sudden we realized that it was Jason that was on the ground having a hard time getting up. We both ran over to him and he was sweating and looked whiter than a ghost. We grabbed his skiis and helped him get into the lodge and he didn't look to good. So big mouth (which he was calling me) went and asked to send over the ski patrol to wrap his knee up. The guy started to move it and Jason started to get all sweaty and pale again and felt like he was going to throw up. We layed him down, got his knee wrapped with some ice on it and the ski patrol asked him how he felt about getting an MRI of it in the morning. The first thing out of Jason's mouth was "will I be better for hunting season?" Go figure! So it ends up that he has a torn ACL, partially torn MCL and bone bruising. He goes in next week for surgery. I honestly thought he was just being wimpy. I didn't think he was that hurt....whoops!

Hopefully we can go skiing again and this time leave Maecee behind so I don't have to watch her the whole time. Actually the only type of skiing I want to do is waterski. So until next time :)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Sound like fun.. till Jason's knee!

He and Chad are two peas in a pod. Whenever anything happens in our home the first question Chad asks is "will I still be able to hunt?"

MEN!!

Heather Zwygart said...

Hey Heather I wasa just blog hopping from Jana coburns and saw your!! Hope you don't mind! Heather Zwygart