Saturday, January 23, 2010
Christmas Morning
We had a great Christmas this year. We open presents here at our house in the morning and then head to my dads for a HUGE, yummy breakfast and to open more presents. Then we went to Kevin and Karilee's church for a yummy dinner, program and of course basketball. We are so grateful for our families and love spending time with them. We are soooo blessed!
McKenna got an Ipod for Christmas. She was running around she was so excited.
Opening stockings. We set up a stocking that had Jesus' name on it this year. When we did service for someone we would write it down and put it in the stocking for our gift to him. Then we also wrote what we wanted to give/work on this year for Jesus. I've really been trying hard to get my kids to focus on the true reason for the season. I think Ethan got it down pretty good. First he asked me what I wanted for Christmas and then when I hesitated he said "I know mom, you just want to GIVE people presents." I thought it was pretty cute. Then when we got to talk to Grandpa Mac and Grandma Donna in Russia on the computer (skype) they asked Ethan what his favorite present was to give. He thought and then said "I actually like all the presents I gave to people because it's fun to give." Melted my heart.
Waiting for Daddy so we could go downstairs and open presents. Daddy has a hard time getting up every year. The crazy things is the kids didn't even come in until 7:00. Shesh when I was little we were up at 4 or 5.
Being silly in their new jammies
Getting ready to head to bed. I cannot believe how much they loved their new jammies. I had to hid them so I could wash them and then got in trouble when they weren't dry yet. Aren't they cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. This year is a big year for us. We will have a 12 year old (ahhh Young Womens!), an 8 year old getting baptized, and a funny, crazy 4 year old. Do you see a pattern here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment