Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

Halloween 2009
The holidays came and just so we wouldn't break tradition, someone was sick! I went to wake up Ethan on Saturday morning for his wrestling meet. He was tired and said he didn't feel very good. Well being the stellar parent I am, I told him to get his buns out of bed and get ready (he says he doesn't feel good in the morning a lot). So I left him to go jump in the shower. I think I even yelled at him from the shower a couple of times to get his butt going, just cuz I'm an awesome parent like that :) Just as I'm getting out of the shower he staggers in and gets the thermometer out of the drawer and takes his own tempature (cuz I'm awesome). He croaks, mom is 101 a bad tempature. OH CRAP! Give me the mother of the year award! Scratch the wrestling meet buddy, your going back to bed! So he rested most of the day and then felt a little better that night.
We started our Halloween festivities with soup in a bread bowl at my dad's house. It was delicious! From there we headed to my moms for some fabulous sugar cookies...yummy. Then Heidi and I decided to be either stupid or brave {you decide} and take 7 YOUNG kids onto the streets of Providence for some trick or treating. Nothing like a swarm of overexcited, competitive children trying to see who can get to the door first and YELL trick or treat! I tried to tell them "what do you guys say?" They yelled TRICK OR TREAT!!!! No "what do you tell them" THANKS and on to the next house. We then met my brother and one of his friends back at my mom's and decided to have all the kids pile into the back of Brett's truck and drive down to our neighborhood to go crazy. The kids had a lot of fun running from house to house and seeing all their friends. McKenna's friend Erin came with us and she wanted to go do some trick or treating in her neighborhood on the bench. So I took the girls up there and Brett took Eth and Maec to Salli's house to see their cousins. All in all I think it was a good night and I've hidden all of Maecee's candy and I haven't even seen McKenna and Ethan eat much of theirs. The first thing they wanted to see from their "bucket" was the playdough they got from one of the neighbors. Bring on next year....with no sickness that is :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Heather, you crack me up! You're an awesome mom! We've ALL questioned our own kid's true illness!
I cannot believe how many places you went trick-or-treating, now that deserves mother of the year.
The costumes were darling!

Mom in Mendon said...

Super cute Super Heroes!

Christina said...

Those are GREAT costumes, but why didn't you and Brett dress up? :) You could've pulled off the Superwoman spandex! ;)

We miss you guys too, we will be down for Thanksgiving though! And we've decided to spend our first Christmas here just our family, at least in the morning! Then we'll come back down to Logan for dinner and spend a couple of days there.

Mom in Mendon said...

Awesome!!!

Grandpa Mac