Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Baby is 2!

A huge happy birthday to my baby girl---(aka mae mae, sassy, maec, bubs, spunka girl, miss maecee mac, moo-moo, messy maecee!)We love you soooooo much!



Her funny face
At fiefia baby blessing
Her blessing day. With Big Sis and Bro. She looks so little!


Oh man I can't believe my little sassy is already 2! We are so LUCKY and BLESSED to have her in our family! I remember right after I had all that scary trauma with Ethan, them HIGHLY recommending (or more like telling me) that I not have another bambino. Brett said he knew right off that we would have another one but didn't want to scare me with that realization right off the bat. So when we did decide to have another one we got some mixed emotions from a lot people! Even my McKenna went through some tough times. She was scared she was going to lose her momma....she'd have to call me during the middle of the day from school, she totally pushed me away and only wanted Brett, etc. We knew that everything would be fine, but that didn't mean we weren't scared!



Remembering back to two years ago.....I had my drs appt and I literally TOLD my doctor that "guess what....I'm having a baby today!" The nurses warned him before he came into my room that I had told them that (today) July 12th was the day and I heard him say "did she bring her husband? If she brought her husband she's serious..." Yep I brought my husband and told him that we wanted to have her on Brett's grandmas birthday, and that I had everything all arranged to be at the hospital (kids, etc), that everyone was waiting for the phone call. He reluctantly let me have my way...although I think it was to get rid of me....he knows my persistence very well! I had been begging him my whole pregnancy to do a little tummy tuck (hey while he was in there doing the c-section, why not cut off a little more skin. I wouldn't miss it!). I didn't get my way for the tummy tuck but that's ok---I got a sweet baby and the drs got to have a reminder in human anatomy because they literally had to put my organs back in the proper place (the surgery after Eth was such an emergency that they didn't think I was going to make it. They must have just thrown everything back in there because I guess it was quite the project to get everything back to where it should have been.) My dr. was actually glad that we ended up dong it early.

We love our sweet little bubba that adores her brother and sister. She also loves her blankies, singing songs, babies, Elmo, Barney, being outside, swimming, and dancing. We're not sure what we ever did without her! We love you Maecee Mac! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't know all of that about the day Maecee was born, way to stand your ground! I think she looks like a good mix between Ethan and McKenna...So cute! Happy Birthday!

Heather Palmer said...

How time flys! Maecee is such a sweetheart. That is really scary about your pregnancy with Ethan. You are a brave women to go against what your doctors say and have another baby. The Lord knows what he is doing! You guys are such a fun family.

Mom in Mendon said...

Hugs and kisses to darling Maecee!
Love, Grandma

Becky said...

I didn't realize that you had such difficult pregnancies. I am glad that everything turned out okay for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Macey...she is such a cutie. We love you guys and are lucky to have such great neighbors! She was meant to come to your family. I can't believe it was 2 years ago that the whole neighborhood was pregnant. Feels better now huh? Pretty soon they will all be running around with the rest of them!
Love ya!