Her scores were Vault 8.25 (8th place), Bars 9.05 (7th), Beam 8.475 (didn't place), and Floor 9.075 (6th) with an overall of 34.85 (7th place in State). It was a long meet but McKenna had tons of supporters! She was really nervous about it. We talked to the owner of the gym Julie, who was there, and she said the judging was tough! She said that McKennas floor routine was the best one she's seen her perform. I think McKenna was little bummed because she's used to getting 1st or 2nd, but we had to remind her that there were other gymnasts that we'd never seen before and also alot of those girls were competing level 5 for a second time around. We were very proud of her! Afterwards we went to dinner to celebrate.

My aunt Rizzo (I mean Pam) and her husband Mike. They flew up here from Arizona for a few hours just to see McKenna's meet. How awesome is that? Don't you think my aunt looks like Rizzo (Stockard Channing) from Grease (one of my fav movies and fav aunts!) I tried to add a picture of the real Rizzo but couldn't figure it out.....but do a search of her and see if you agree! LOVE YOU RIZZO! :)
HER FANS AND BIGGEST SUPPORTERS




Ethan trying to get a break from watching gymnasts, Jake, Melissa (sorry can't see you guys very good, except for maybe Melissas eyelashes :)) and Kim
Roger and Donna were also there but I didn't get a picture of them because they had to leave early. So this is the only picture I could find of them together. I wanted to include them :) Can you find them squished in all those cute grandkids?We are so proud of you McKenna! We're looking forward to Level 6 in the Fall and then she will be in Optionals Level 7 by December....if things go like they are now. Thanks again to all our family for their support. We couldn't do it without you!
3 comments:
McKenna is quite the competitor! If she keeps it up I am sure she will go far. It was fun to look at some of your pics. Dave has sure changed a lot and Kimmi looks amazing! I miss all of you guys!
McKenna is so cute! You better watch out soon with all the boys after her! Good job McKenna, what determination. Heather, what is Lisa's last name, she looks a little familiar to me. Did she ever work at the Credit Union?
I only wish we could've been there! How awesome, and I love that McKenna is so dang competitive! Reminds me a few people... :) Eric and I were watching gynmastics the other night and totally thought of her-we could totally see her going that far! Olympics here she comes!
Post a Comment