What can I say....Maecee is hilarious. Good thing she's cute and funny because some days, okay most days she kicks my bootie! She is so BUSY! Before I say much more---I know that's good, at least she's curious, blah, blah, blah----but i challenge anyone to a few hours of chasing her and you may be singing a different tune! She just gives you this funny little grin and runs to her next area of destruction.
She LOVES to make messes, and be mischievous. She keeps all of us hopping. Yesterday I walked into my room to help Eth with something and came back to the kitchen and she had climbed up the chair, onto the counter (which she can do in about 2 seconds flat) and was pouring chocolate syrup everywhere! Yes, I forgot to put it back after I made some chocolate milk for her. My bad! But she had pulled the top open with her teeth! That same morning she opened an exedrin bottle (child proof and all). Then I was "trying" to put away her clothes and she was right behind me pulling them all back out, why do I even try? The good thing is she does want to help me clean but that usually involves climbing onto the open dishwasher, and always somehow grabbing whatever cleaner spray I am using and sprays her clothes, or whatever is least convenient at the time! If I'm doing the dishes she pulls at my legs saying bubbles, bubbles, meaning she wants to help with getting those bubbles everywhere!
I just spent about an hour yesterday trying to get stains out of her brand new easter clothes that she had worn ONE time (2 casual dresses, a shirt, pj shirt, and choco syrup off her pj bottoms :)). Good thing I'm not having another one, cuz none of her clothes would be able to passed along, she's ruining them all!
During her last week at the USU lab (the one you can watch through the one way mirror), they had hay in the water table that you could bury the animals with. At first she wasn't really interested in it because it wasn't quite as messy as water, or sand, or shaving cream. But then she finally gave into her urges and started grabbing chunks of it and throwing them out of the table. They were so patient with her, trying to tell her to bury the animals and put the hay back in the table, but her game was on.........and they weren't playing by the rules :). As a parent it is somewhat embarrassing to be watching that scene unfold, I wanted to open the door and tell her to stop it, because she really was doing it just to push the boundaries and get a reaction! But that would have probably been the reaction she wanted---right? Oh I'm exhausted already just thinking about our day we have ahead of us!
The real reason of this post is record a funny thing she said the other day. She loves to take her diaper off herself, so I was sitting her on the potty. She then makes this trying to push the pee or poop out face along with noises, then she's done. Well I was trying to get Brett to watch her because it was so funny. So I said Honey, look at Maecee. Next thing we know Maecee is saying "honey, honey" in her sweet little voice. You should have seen Brett's face. I was laughing so hard at BOTH of them! Anyways now she thinks it's really funny to call Brett honey....and so do I
5 comments:
Remember way back when we thought McKenna was a go-getter...the whole crawling early, walking way early etc! Little did you know! Maecee sure is cute though!
We are going to Costa Rica April 30-May 7th, watch for the bloggin' after!
Heather you crack me up! If it makes you feel any better I totally know your pain. The other day I couldn't find Ty for a swear two seconds and he had already taken apart his potty and used the bucket to scoop water out of the real toilet and dump it on the floor. It's a good thing they are cute!
You're right. Maecee is darling!
Oh, that is too funny! Who knew that girls could be as BUSY as boys, seriously! But she sure is cute and at least, you get some good laughs, right?!
Enjoy it while it lasts! These kids grow up way too fast!
Post a Comment