
First I have to say that my %*#@ flippin' camera is broken and I am going CRAZY!!!! What is a post without pictures to look at.........ok I have that out of my system, now back to reality.
Reality is that that I'm going to have to break down and go buy a camera before Christmas! I asked Brett if that was ok and he said, "you know it doesn't matter what i say, you'll do it anyway!" OOOOOPS! Bad wife, actually it broke right before Halloween and i still haven't bought one..... That's something to be proud of!
Ok back to the purpose of this post. Every year my grandma used to take us to The Nutcracker Ballet. Even though it was long and i didn't really understand what was going on, i always loved it and was fascinated by it.
Well I took McKenna to it about 3 years ago and we've talked about going back every year, but never make it. So, this was the year we went. It was a BLAST! I decided on the very last day to go so it was a last minute thing. I had to pick McKenna up early from gymnastics and brought her a whole stack of clothes to change into. Never know what that girl will wear??? Something special about it was a girl in our ward was the Snow Queen. She just had a baby six months ago and you never would have guessed! She looked beautiful!
I had actually asked Brett if he wanted to go and he said "I don't do guys in tights, I'll stay home with Ethan and Maecee :)". Well we get to the first guy in tights and they're pretty loose fitting and black----not to bad, but the little girl sitting next to us said "Mom, why is that boy dressed like a girl...". McKenna and I laughed and she understood dad not dying to see the tights thing. (p.s. I am NOT knocking these guys, they are AMAZING!) Back to the good part. Act II comes and there is a very professional male dancer in this ACT. He is in the TIGHTEST, WHITE tights I have ever seen. You should have seen McKennas face. I wish I could have taken a picture of that! I was laughing soooooo hard! He came out and she looked at me (I'm sure you can picture her facial expression), then gasped (he was turned sideways), she covered her eyes and tried to whisper "MOM, HE HAS A BUMP" and it wasn't in the back! I slid down in my seat because I didn't want to cause a commotion. Then he turned around!!!! Whoa it was like he had nothin on at all! Big gasp and eye cover for McKenna again!! Oh wow, it was hilarious! The first male (in blackies) came back out and stood behind some other dancers and McKenna said "thank you for standing in the back! You know her, say it like it is McKenna----no holding back! We did have a great time and will remember that one for a LONG time! Just watch, McKenna will grow up to marry a guy in white tights.......
The saddest part of the whole evening was having to leave my Eth. He was so upset that he didn't get to go on a date too. So I promised him one for that Friday. He got to chose and his first choice was golfing, of course. That doesn't work when it's frieking cold and gets dark at 5, plus that's a dad date! So next choice was bowling at the fun park. We had a blast. We played 2 games and he was all worried about me getting my shoes, and ball. He would hand me my ball almost everytime. Then returned my shoes for me. We bowled by some teeneage kids and they were laughing at him because during the last half of the second game he would lay on his tummy and get a good look at where he was going to aim it (just like golf). I had to explain to the teenagers what he was doing. Then we played some video games there, got some food, and then rented a game for his Playstation. It was a great time! I love my kiddies!
photo via flickr
3 comments:
What a great story! I could almost hear your voice telling me that story it was so detailed! Steve will never do the ballet and I have only been able to drag him once or twice to a play!
Cute date stories. Some years we did a mom/daughter Nutcracker party. The girls invited friends and their mothers for a dressed up Christmas luncheon, and then we all went to the Nutcracker matinee.
(To tell the truth, I'm not crazy about the Nutcracker story. I mean, having a crush on a creepy Nutcracker?? But I do love the idea of a Christmas ballet).
I'm sure McKenna got a nice sense of refinement from your date, along with her lesson in male anatomy. :)
Love you all. Grandma Donna
That is hilarious! Oh man, those guys in tights! You would think that would've changed over the years?! So funny, and I can totally picture McKenna and her comments. Too funny!
Post a Comment