Friday, September 23, 2011

Legoland, California 2011

Legoland, California

May 2011


So instead of buying all of us Christmas presents, my Dad and Lisa decided to take us all on a trip. When he asked me where I wanted to go, my first thought was, A Disney Cruise. Well we started to research the cost of that and it was way too expensive. So we decided to go to California and do Legoland, The Beachs, Knott's Berry Farm and Seaworld. If we ever do go back, I think we will only do the Beach. My family was wanting to pack up and move there! Here are some of the highlights.....


A ride in Legoland
Cory, Tawnee and Cole waiting to ride the small boat ride.


Ethan and I



The small boat ride ;)
Rhett, Maecee and Hallee and Lisa


Jas, Rhett and Caileb by the front sign


My family looking all dorky in our LEGOLAND shirts.


Tawnee, Brett and Maecee
Tawnee and Maecee are the cutest best buddy cousins


The Griswalds take California Part II


So funny story about the shirts. We were making up crazy things to do for the trip and we said we should all get matching shirts....but that they should be Hunter Orange. Well my Dad and Lisa were just sitting on the couch listening and whispering (so I knew something was up). Turns out that they had already gone and gotten shirts for all the small kids to give to them for Easter. Well we were all just joking about it and making fun of matching shirts and found out that they had really gotten them for the kids. So they went and ordered shirts for the adults so we could all be matchers.


It sure was easy to pick each other out in a crowd. I would forget we had them on and then someone would walk by laughing, or shaking their head, or just right up staring at us. I kept thinking "why is everybody staring at me", and then I remembered. We love being dorks together! It makes for good times.


We also all drove to California. That would be a total of 5 cars, 9 adults, 14 kids, 5 walkie talkies a lot of bathroom/food/gas breaks and tons of funny stories. It was hilarious!

No comments: