Friday, August 5, 2011

USU Gym Meet

USU Gymnastics Meet


Bear Country Meet


First Place AirBound Gymnastics WAHOO!
She scored really good on beam. Obviously she's excited!


See below for explanation of her coach's face :)


Floor


Ouch! Ü


I love that cute faced smile



Warming up





The thing I remember most from this meet was those darn unforgiving BARS! Bars has been a struggle for McKenna. She's worked soooo hard to get this one skill perfected. I'm talking like 2 years of trying to get this skill. She's cried, she's ripped her hands up trying to get it. It's literally blood, sweat, tears, anger, and HoUrS of work. Right before she broke her foot she was doing the best she ever has on bars. Then the foot thing happened and she couldn't do bars for weeks and it felt like she was back to where she started. So frustrating for her, her amazing coach Amanda and all of us. The prior meet she had to scratch bars because she just didn't have the skill and it was better not to do it.



Well during warm ups I kept telling everyone, if she doesn't make it over, she will have to scratch bars again. I was a mess. I kept throwing and moving my body around, like I could help her over. It was nerve racking. Well, she kept trying and trying in warm ups and didn't get over. I was crushed for her. If you you know McKenna very well, you know she doesn't cry very easy. If she cries it's because she's REALLY hurt or REALLY frustrated. Well I was watching her talk to her coach and I could tell she was telling her she had to scratch bars (I'm getting all teary-eyed just remembering this!). Kenna walked over away from everyone and just layed her head down crying. My mama bear instinct wanted to go over and save her, but I knew she would just push me away (and to be truthful I know Brett was dying inside too). I kept thinking----just let her do it, she'll make it, or at least go down trying. Well her turn came around and at the last minute her coach let her go. I was a nervous wreck. But guess what...that little determined thing made it over. It was Awesome! She was so excited she forgot to salute the judges because she was dancing around. I was so proud of her. She continues to be an inspiration for all of us.


I would also like to thank our amazing family that came and supported us. McKenna loved having you there and showing off her skills to you. We have the best family!

No comments: