Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kenna's First Gym Meet after Broken Foot

The Level 7 girls with their AMAZING coach Amanda
I had to put this picture in here so I can document McKenna and her broken foot time. This was her first meet back in business and she did a great job. It was funny though because she hadn't had her boot off for long at all and didn't want to put too much strain on it before her first meet, so she hadn't done a full out floor routine for about 6 weeks or so. I couldn't believe how out of breathe she was after her floor routine. It just goes to show you how "in shape" she regularly is.
She did all the events but bars. She had to scratch that event because she didn't have the strength to get over. She was already struggling with the bars before she broke her foot but had her routine pretty much in the bag and and then broke her foot. BAD TIMING! I was so proud of her for doing so well after being down for so long.


Their team has so much fun together. Thankfully, because spending 16+ hours a week with them would really stink if they didn't have fun together. I was sad we missed the traveling meets. Traveling as a team is really bonding. Just one big (sometimes dysfunctional family). We had planned on going to the Phoenix meet, but she wasn't ready at all.



A quick hair fix from Coach Amanda. I was in trouble for not getting it tight enough.



She stayed on the Beam. I was really nervous about her foot.




Great Job McKenna. We're so proud of you!

1 comment:

Heather Zwygart said...

Great job Mckenna! She is such a talented girl! Glad her foot is all healed!!