Friday, March 12, 2010

San Diego California Post #1

San Diego Temple
Forever Family

The tongue and Maecee's Kucky Blanket....two constants on this trip Ü

Oh Maecee. She is sooo hilarious! She had everyone cracking up. On the airplane ride to San Diego she looked out the window and said "this is amazing". Then when they were telling her to get her seatbelt on (in the plane) she said "where my friekin seatbelt". I have no idea where she's heard that before. On the airplane ride home she dropped her doll as we were getting on the plane (went straight down onto the ground). The stewardess was really cute and had the pilot go pick it up. Everyone that was around us kept asking for updates on the doll. When they returned it to her, they all cheered. Kylie told her to do the splits while we were sitting in the hot tub. Maecee said "I can't I will drownded". This trip I was also talked into the fact that I need to put her in gym...Here we go again :)
Can we move here?
La Jolla

The tongue, the blanket. This is a little area you can walk out on and watch the seals that are having babies. It was beautiful!
Mom and Son
My mom came with us. It's been her dream to go to San Diego.

The surfboard that represents our gym

Lexi and Kenna



There was a team there from Canada. It was neat because the Olympics were going on during the meet. My grandparents came from Arizona to watch. My grandpa worked on Lexi's back because she was having problems. Then grandpa gave McKenna $20 for making her giants (she made it the second time around). She also received her first medal for Level 7. The prize I took home was I won an Ipod Shuffle. I entered a raffle and won. McKenna said I did the dorkiest dance when I found out I won...she almost didn't claim me as her parent Ü
Her scores were Vault: 8.8, Bars 7.475 (she fell her 1st try doing the giants) Beam: 8.675, Floor 8.55. This was an improvement from her prior two meets so we were happy.
A naval ship by the San Diego Airport

Oops, loaded the wrong way. This was by the naval ship.

Ahhhhhh...

Picture Perfect

Gran and Grandpa with McKenna. They came from Arizona. It was good to see them and so nice of them to make that drive.

What gymnasts do on the beach

AHHH so beautiful!
We saw dolphins right here! I didn't ever get a picture but I was really excited. In fact the whole trip my 3 sayings were 1. I can't believe we saw dolphins 2. I can't believe how hard it is to climb out of those pits (all the moms jumped in after the girls practiced at a gym right by this beach). Thank goodness Brett was there to pull all of us out! 3. I can't believe I won an Ipod Shuffle!!!!!!
I apologize for the way these pictures loaded. I'm trying not to have anxiety about it. They are sooo not in order. So I'm moving onto post #2 because I'm getting a little too ADD on this one.

2 comments:

Anna Catherine Marie McEvoy said...

Heather, I know where Maecee got the "freakin" thing. From your other daughter, McKenna. - Alan

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness your family is so big!! It has been years and years since I've seen you guys!!! Hope all is well!
-Stephanie Wallace