Wednesday, August 5, 2009

McEvoy Family Reunion

Bear Lake Camping Trip 2009

Windy Bear Lake
Running thru the waves
Christina, Me, Salli, Tiff, Melissa, Kim (Erin and Carrie had left, and Karilee couldn't make it)

A Sandy Mess...but lovin' it

Ewic and Carson

McKenna and Dave

Maecee and Austin with Fun Jet Ski's in the background

I think she could have stayed in the sand all day long
Maka and Maecee busy making a swimming hole :)

Lainey, Maka, Maecee and Lani

I spent hours sculpting this dragon...then just had to leave it....okay not really me but some amazing sculptor next to us. It was amazing!

Lainey getting buried by Maka

Ethan with all his gear

All tired out

Kind of a lame picture but I wanted to document how all the kids LOVED sitting in the Rhino and on the 4 wheelers (thanks dad for letting us use them). The kids just played on them for hours!

Lainey and McKenna at our great camping spot at Beaver Mountain

She got so dusty/messy, but hey when your camping who cares right?

Eth is a natural camper :)

Brett rolled out of bed to make us some breakfast

Tiff and Grayson

Collage of us getting our swimming gear ready before leaving home. What a pain in the rear to get all that stuff together. Okay I might of packed the whole house, but you never know what you might need! It took me hours to ready!!!

On the ride up, at the campfire, Brett driving-looking pretty tired, and our awesome tent! The kids would lay there after waking up in the morning and hear the chipmunks/or whatever they were and say "SNIPES! or NIPES as Maecee would say. I laughed so hard!
We had such an amazing time this past weekend at Beaver Mtn and Bear Lake. The only negatives were that we picked flippin' Raspberry days weekend (soooooo busy it was ridiculous) so that's why we had to camp farther away from the lake (which turned out fine---I think), and I had to give a lesson in RS on Sunday that I so wasn't prepared for (so it basically was on my mind the WHOLE time). Otherwise we had an absolute blast. When we first got there I could not get enough of that mountain air/smell. That is so relaxing to me, I feel like it's my second home. When I need to relax or think relaxing thoughts it's not the ocean, it is definitely the mountains. I need to get up in that air more because it just reminds me of being a kid and calms me down (okay unless I have a lesson to prepare, but that's my own fault for procrastinating).
Packing up everything gave me a greater appreciation for my brothers and dad always supplying everything when we go camping. I just basicly show up with my tent and whatever else I wish to pack up there. They always bring food/tables/4 wheelers/chairs, etc, etc. I will be more mindful of that in the future ;)
I'm so glad we did that trip. It was so fun to see almost everyone (minus Kevin's family and of course Roger and Donna are gone on their mission). I think we should do something like that every year or at least every other year....although Salli might not agree on the camping part of it...she's not a fan of camping, especially when her kids didn't sleep, but when they get older it will be easier :) Salli did plan it and so a big thanks to her for that! Also thanks to Jim and Tiff for bringing their Jet Ski's. Those were a blast. I got to take the smaller one out (that tips over pretty easy) and I was all smiles! I did tip it over once when my visor flew off and I turned around to get it and when I leaned down I lost my balance and fell off. I did also see some rotten fish while out on the Jet skis and wanted to run them over, those slimy, yucky creatures! Okay my kids are fighting so I better end this novel now. Enjoy the pictures :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE, LOVE all your pictures from Bear Lake, I'm thinking you need to make me a CD or something and I will do the same for you guys. I couldn't narrow it down honestly, so I just made the collage! :)

We had a blast too though, even if that packing it up and taking it down SUCKED big time. I'm still doing loads of laundry! My other nemesis! :(

Heather Palmer said...

We were at bear lake too last weekend! I wonder if we were at the same beach and didn't know it? What a fun vacation for you guys.

Kelly said...

Heather, there is a definite difference between you and me, I HaTe cAmPiNg! The pic of Brett in the morning cooking is exactly how I would feel/look the whole time!
Good for you, you're a good mom! McK is sooo tan! She has great coloring, she is gonna be knocking the boys dead I say! I'm impressed at the amt of sunscreen you must have kept on Maycee to not have a sunburn in that sand all day. And of course Eth always is adorable!