Saturday, May 23, 2009

Out of the mouth of EB

This morning Ethan was laying in bed next to me. His sister woke him up by YELLING "eb come here.....eb where are you.....EB!!!!!" So needless to say he was still tired. He was asking me what day of the week it was. Somehow he started talking about one of the boys in his class.
He said "mom {insert name} told me that church was S-T-U-P-I-D...."
I said "oh that wasn't very nice...what did you say?"
"I told him I LOVE CHURCH! Mom I should really invite him to come with me. Then maybe he would like it!" said my future missionary in the making.
I thought it was so cute that first of all that he LOVES church and second of all that he wanted to invite his friend to come with him because then maybe he would like it.
Although yesterday he worked for my dad hauling rocks to earn some money. My dad asked all the boys what they were saving for. Of course they said stuff like a Playstation 3 and a motorcycle....totally reasonable things ya know! I told Eth he needed to start saving for his mission. He gave me the tilted sideways glare and said "no mom!" Then the other night when we were saying his prayers I prayed that someday he could go on a mission and then get married in the temple. After I said amen he was upset and said "mom I don't want to get married". He is still in the girls are gross stage I guess. I told him not to worry, that one day he would like girls ;)
He is such a sweet boy!

No comments: