Friday, June 25, 2010

Mom and Daughter trip..









Posted by Picasa
McKenna and I had the privilege to go with her team to watch them compete at Regionals in Long Beach, California. It's only Level 8 and up (McKenna is Level 7) but we wanted to support the team and it's a good thing for McKenna to see before she has to compete at one. It was good mommy daughter bonding time! My favorite memory from the trip was when we got free passes to go to Disneyland. We only had about 4 hours to do all the rides..but hey we got them for free. So we really had to book it to get to all the rides we wanted to try (Tower of Terror, California Screamin, Soarin over Ca, Indiana Jones, Space Mtn). Well if you've been to Disneyland you know that it takes awhile to get to all those different rides, especially when it's the light parade. So we had to do my least favorite thing in the world.......RUN! OH how I detest running! Well McKenna, being the buff athlete she is can run like there is no tomorrow, so can her team, and so can her in shape coach....so that leaves me! McKenna was so torn between keeping up with her team, or waiting for her momma. It was the most endearing thing to see her not just dust me. She kept saying "come on mom you can do it", then she'd yell "mom are you ok". I know that sounds silly but she's never really worried about me like that before and it was really sweet. I love that girl!
The last day before we flew out we went to a cool beach and searched for "stuff". I'd never done it before but we looked for hermit crabs, starfish, shells, anenome, and whatever other cool things we could find. Good times.
We did receive some bad news on the trip that was really hard. My grandpa (Cordell), who was in a nursing home had taken a turn for the worst. It was hard to be in California and not be able to go see him (and support my dad) his last days. Luckily I had been to the Terrace a couple of weeks before to see someone in our ward and I went in and kissed him on the cheek and told him I loved him. He passed away before before I got home, but it was probably for the better that I didn't see him struggling. He is not in pain anymore and is free from this mortal body. More posts to come about him and his funeral.

No comments: