Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to School 09

Back to School this year was bittersweet, like always. It means the very short summer {we had SNOW in flipping JUNE, in fact June was just wet and icky} has come to an end. The days of lazy schedules and no routines are gone, and the house is quiet....too quiet... well sometimes :) But this year after dropping the kids off, I was okay, actually if I do say so myself, I was a little more than okay! It meant spending more time with my little buddy, my shadow, my baby. It meant no arguing over chores, who touched who, who stuck their tongue out first, etc. It meant going to the store with one child instead of 3. It meant not having to think of creative "I'm bored" tasks anymore. Welcome School 2009

Maecee wanted in on the picture action too. Notice the handcuff looking things she has on...interesting? A few days after this picture was taken the Child Dev. Lab called and asked if Maecee could come up to the 3 year old lab. I didn't hesitate at all, except when they said she had to be potty trained. So we've been in potty training mode. She went and stayed at her Aunt Kimi's house for 5 days and so pretty much Kim can take the credit for potty training her. Good job Maecee {and Kim}. Oh and just so you know, trying to "fully" potty train someone in 1 week makes things interesting. First day of Maecee's school she had an "accident" while sitting on the teachers lap during story time. Talk about embarrassing. I about died! But the teacher handled it really well, at least around an audience :)
Ethan 2nd grade
Hold the phone....I have a 6th grader....sigh

Two cuties ready for the first day

Hey look they are actually TOUCHING each other and NOT screaming. Miracles do happen!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That was a cute post about what back to school "means," I may just have to copy you!
Cute kids too!
You and Brett wake boarding puts Steve and me to SHAME! We're "old and outta shape," you won't see any pics of us doing that anytime soon!
See you on the cruise! (hee hee)

Mom in Mendon said...

Nice post, Heather. It IS a bittersweet time.