Saturday, October 20, 2007

McEvoy Bear Lake Reunion








Here are some great pictures of the fun we had in Bear Lake for the McEvoy Family Reunion. We stayed in the Laketown Lodge in good old Laketown. It was a serious small town. We woke up one morning to the loudest MOOOOOOOOO ever. Later that day (and the next day), to the kids excitement, we got to see a whole parade of cows being herded down the road. Just taking up the whole road like they owned the place It was pretty funny actually!
So what did we do there? Just hung out and played. This place was amazing, for lots of reasons! It had 3 floors. The basement was house to a THEATRE (like the real thing but better, reclining couches). Also it had pool table, air hockey, foosball, and shufflepuck. Also a playroom for the smaller kids with a play house under the stairs. So that is where all the kids hung out almost the whole trip.
The main floor was beautiful. It had a huge kitchen and eating area, a big screen (which housed the very popular Wii game-very fun), and was also the place for playing all the different board games Salli brought. This is the floor that had the master bedroom ----which really means the master of no sleep room-because big people stay up late, and little people get up early :).
The upstairs was where the bedrooms were and where either people were battling out guitar hero, or watching sports. All the girl cousins slept in the room that had 3 bunkbeds (yep, 6 beds), there was another room with bunks that the boys (Brenden and Ethan) were going to sleep, but Eth ended up in the room w/mom and dad. Then pretty much everyone slept in the other rooms except for some who slept on couches :).
I don't think we could have had more fun, or been at a more perfect spot. All of the 10 kids were there with their families (except for Tiff, she's on bed rest and can't be too far from a hospital). Thanks so much to Roger and Donna for the perfect spot, and for Erin for being the planner of all food, etc. We will all be talking about this trip for a long time! Actually my kids are already begging to go back.............

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ok, so first of all, we HAVE to trade pictures! I will download mine to snapfish and give you the username and password, and then you either do the same or put them on a CD. I know you will have some pics that I want, and I'm sure we have some you guys would like! SO CUTE! Anyways, we already miss everyone too, Austin is always asking about everyone. OH, so I didn't mean to spill the beans yet on Boise, I will post a blog very soon, but yes, we're excited!!!!

Mom in Mendon said...

Thanks to you and Brett for the photographer. And I love the fall pictures some of you got on the way home.